Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Bluebonnets and Tornadoes - This is Texas

I had my Wherever Wednessday post all planned out this week. I usually talk about quirky Texas stuff and a lot of it is the stuff I DON'T like about Texas. This week I was gonna brag on one of my favorite things about Texas, namely this...


The gorgeous color-fest which is Texas spring!

But Texas spring also brought something else yesterday,
namely this....


Texas Tornadoes!  NOT one of my fave Texas things.

But they are amazing.  Though I am horrified at the damage they cause, these storms leave me awe-struck too.  I have to admit I watched that video several times gobsmacked that wind, just wind, can pick up a semi like that.  I was thankful to learn no one was in it. 

The tornadoes that came through Texas yesterday missed us  (we did get some golf-ball sized hail though), and no one we know was hurt, thankfully...though my sister-in-law's car got hail damage  (she didn't say how badly...just said "We're ok...our car, not so much.")

Anyways, hope you all are doing ok out there.   If you weren't affected yourself and want to help out those that were hit, Charity Navigator has started up a list of places to donate and you can find a list of places to voluteer, bring canned goods, etc. here.  And, please,  if you know of any other food or clothing drives or anything like that in your area, let me know and I'll share it here.

Oh, and if you like poetry, you might want to check out the poem posted yesterday at Red or Gray.

 Photobucket 

 Stay safe ya'll.
This is Texas


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're fine. Yep, we have it all here! Fire, wind, hail, tornadoes, hurricanes, drought, floods, locusts, pestilence..... you name it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL Bluebonnets & Indian Paint Brush picture!

    ReplyDelete